Friday, October 17, 2014

Week 6: Multiple Quantifier, Proof, Limit

This week, although there were only 2 lectures in a week, most of the materials we covered was about how to prove something false through the proof structure that I have learnt in week 5. In order to disprove a sequence, Danny told the class that we need to use the negation and find a counter example by assigning the value to each variable which still satisfies the domain assumption and antecedent assumption. The most difficult thing I have found during this week was proof about limits. In Danny's lecture slide, "proof about limits", Danny told us that sometimes in a claim, there are some variables which you cannot control its value. In this case, you need to find what variable you might want to change to make the claim true. Sadly during this week, I had another mid-term test in other course and 1 more mid-term test remaining next week, so I did not really have a time to review my lecture note. As I spent my time studying for my exam on Thanksgiving day, I believe that this week's Thanksgiving day may be the most productive Thanksgiving day I have ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment