Friday, November 14, 2014

Week 10: Big-Omega & General Properties

During this week, I learnt about the big-omega which is almost opposite to big-Oh. Although when I express f ∈ Ω(g), this indicates ∃c∈ R+, ∃B∈ N, ∀n ∈ N, n > B → f(n) > cg(n). Whereas f ∈ O(g) indicates ∃c∈ R+, ∃B∈ N, ∀n ∈ N, n > B → f(n) < cg(n). Moreover I learnt about how I can prove even if the statement involves both big-omega and big-Oh. What I found difficult during this week is that when there is big-Omega or big-Oh in the antecedent for the complex statement, I had to assume the antecedent but at the same time, I need to represent the big-Oh or big-Omega in the antecedent using two variables, c, and B. What I found easy during this week is that the concept of big-Omega is very similar to the concept of the big-Oh which I have review last week. This week's tutorial went fine and through continuous tutorials, I feel like I am understanding more and more about logical proof for mathematical reasoning. As usual, I did few reviews on this week's material and did few practice problems which is on CSC165 Website to improve my knowledge. 

Overall, in this week, my condition is good compare to other weeks. However, tomorrow, Danny told the class that he is going to post the assignment 3. So I guess I will use my time efficiently during my reading week by doing the assignment 3. Doing assignment 3 will be a good practice before the final exam.    

No comments:

Post a Comment